The following is meant to give a general description of each league to a parent and may not include all rules. If you have further questions please email the league director.
Bambino league –
- Introductory league, teach the basics or catching, batting, throwing and running bases.
- Coed – even though sign up show boys and girls this league is Coed.
- Players provided the MYBSA shirt and Hat or Visor.
- MYBSA will not schedule field time to practice team prior to beginning of season. Coaches may or may not practice prior to the first practice/game.
- Bambino player do not participate in the opening day parade
- Equipment needed: glove, bat, batting helmet (Team batting helmets will be available)
- Optional equipment: Baseball or Softball cleats (soccer cleats or tennis shoes will do)
- Practice: Optional and will depend on coach, typically no more than 1 practice per week.
- Play approximately 10 games. 2 games per week. 1 during week at 6pm, 1 on Saturday.
- Games will have a 1 hour time limit. Normally play 2 innings
- Season Starts toward end of May.
- Batting – hit off Tee, all players bat
- Fielding – all players in field. Fill infield position then spread rest out in outfield. Players should get opportunities to play different positions.
- Do not keep score
- Most important have fun!!!!!