The following list of coaching responsibilities is meant to give a general idea of the time commitment involved with coaching a summer recreation team.
MYBSA Baseball and Softball Coaching Responsibilities (Updated 2017)
- Register to coach online by March 15th.
- Fill out an online background check.
- Late March you will be contacted by an MYBSA representative confirming your interest in coaching.
- Late March you will receive a master roster for the age division you will be coaching.
- Early April you will be required to attend a team draft/preseason coach’s meeting. (2 hours) You will also be given a practice schedule at this time.
- Contact players within 48 hour of draft. MYBSA will also send an email to your players within 24 hours of draft informing them of their team and coaches name.
- Facilitate 5 to 6 (2-hour practices) in April and early May at Ray Fosse Park
- In early May 10-12 game schedules will be posted online.
- Provide a vehicle or ask a parent to provide a vehicle for your team to ride in during the Open Day Parad in May. Bambino does not participate in parade.
- Coach 10 to 12 games from May until end of June
- Particiapate in online All-star voting in June. (6u,8u,10U and 13u Only)
- At every opportunity encourage and teach youth the game of softball and baseball.